In this episode of Boku No Stop! we discuss episodes 4-6 of Flip Flappers.
Content warning: dementia + rough family stuff with a side of questionable fanservice.
This week, the show is firing on all cylinders with some heart-wrenching content, questions about the metaphysics of the Flip Flap world, discussions of art itself, a dive into the yuri genre's tropes and history, and also: casual violence! Cocona, Papika, and Yayaka have gotten themselves in trouble again...
- Apparently Discovery Zone returned from the dead at some point, by which I mean someone bought the name and made a few of them out in Ohio. It's still cool to see it live on, though, and the website will give you a good idea of what this whole concept looks like.
- I (Sibyl) will never back down from my love of the Neptunia series, and yes, they did just release a JRPG based around the concept of a Sega expy teaming up with Japanese Vtubers in combat. It's fun.
- Matt gives a good summary of it, but if you want a more detailed take on episode 5 and "Class S" yuri, Anime Feminist has you covered.
- If you're listening to an anime podcast, there's a 99.9% chance you've SEEN Pop Team Epic in passing via memes, if you're unfamiliar. It's either extremely your style or going to push you away with force.
- I refer to AC-bu as "animators who are talented enough to deliberately make the mistakes they choose" and if you want an excellent summary of their work in passing, this music video will explain everything.